• Font Size

Fabio Quartararo: ‘I’m not the title favourite, by far’

Gooooood stuff.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...-favourite-far

MotoGP Le Mans: Fabio Quartararo: ‘I’m not the title favourite, by far’

MotoGP
    Peter McLaren
    16 May 2022

MotoGP world championship leader Fabio Quartararo sends another warning to Yamaha after a frustrating home race at Le Mans.

France’s 68-year wait for a home victory in the premier-class, last achieved by Pierre Monneret in Reims 1954, continued despite reigning champion and 2022 title leader Quartararo lining up on Sunday’s grid as pre-race favourite.

Although fourth in qualifying, Quartararo looked to have the best race pace going into the 27-lap race.

Despite being unable to attempt a pass on Francesco Bagnaia at the previous Jerez race, due to rising front tyre pressure whenever he got too close, Quartararo was confident the front would not be so critical this time around.

That proved to be the case, but the M1’s lack of straight-line performance meant the outcome was the same and Quartararo’s victory chances were ‘finished’ when he dropped to eighth on the opening lap.

Quartararo: ‘We cannot overtake’

“I don't feel happy about my race at all. I had three crashes in front of me, so my real position is not 4th, it’s much further back,” said Quartararo, who followed the Aprilia of Aleix Espargaro from lap 3 until the chequered flag.

“And not for our pace, because if you check every practice we had the best pace. But then in a race, as soon as you are in a position that you are not able to overtake or to have a clean track. It’s finished.

“And this is why I was not even angry because, you know, I get a little bit used to this already.

“What is true is I give always 100%. I gave everything today. In one moment, I lost the front and Aleix took a half a second gap, but in five corners I was already back behind him again.

“So in term of speed we were super fast, but we know that it is not possible to overtake.”

“All race we are not able to make one overtake,” Quartararo continued. “All the passes I make are because some riders made mistakes. Three crashes in front of me, Marc went a little bit wide, but I made no overtakes during the race.

“The front tyre pressure went up a little bit, but it was not the main [issue] and we went with the medium [rather than soft front tyre]. So if I couldn't overtake it was not for the front pressure.

“Here the overtaking points are turn 3, turn 9. But on the straight I lose too much. So I cannot prepare to pass in turn 3. In turn 9 it’s the same.

“In front of me I had guys that have podiums and fight for victories in MotoGP. If you lose 5-6-7-8 metres to them on the straight, I cannot then go 10k faster than them in turn 1 to try and overtake in turn 3.

“So as soon as you make a mistake on the start, your race is finished.”

While the stop-and-go nature of Le Mans may have amplified Yamaha’s issues - the next best M1 of Franco Morbidelli was back in 15th place, 25s behind Quartararo - the Frenchman warned the chronic overtaking problem has been present since the start of the season.

“The only real overtake I’ve made was in Portimao on Joan [Mir], because the last corner down the hill I was much faster, but I didn’t make any good overtake this year,” he said.

“So in term of speed we were super fast, but we know that it is not possible to overtake.”

“All race we are not able to make one overtake,” Quartararo continued. “All the passes I make are because some riders made mistakes. Three crashes in front of me, Marc went a little bit wide, but I made no overtakes during the race.

“The front tyre pressure went up a little bit, but it was not the main [issue] and we went with the medium [rather than soft front tyre]. So if I couldn't overtake it was not for the front pressure.

“Here the overtaking points are turn 3, turn 9. But on the straight I lose too much. So I cannot prepare to pass in turn 3. In turn 9 it’s the same.

“In front of me I had guys that have podiums and fight for victories in MotoGP. If you lose 5-6-7-8 metres to them on the straight, I cannot then go 10k faster than them in turn 1 to try and overtake in turn 3.

“So as soon as you make a mistake on the start, your race is finished.”

While the stop-and-go nature of Le Mans may have amplified Yamaha’s issues - the next best M1 of Franco Morbidelli was back in 15th place, 25s behind Quartararo - the Frenchman warned the chronic overtaking problem has been present since the start of the season.

“The only real overtake I’ve made was in Portimao on Joan [Mir], because the last corner down the hill I was much faster, but I didn’t make any good overtake this year,” he said.

• Font Size
    Sapeva che Yamaha non ascolta i piloti, perchè ha rinnovato il contratto?

Comment

• Font Size
      Originally posted by LucaDB6 View Post
      Sapeva che Yamaha non ascolta i piloti, perchè ha rinnovato il contratto?
      Non avrà avuto altre offerte per fare la prima donna nel team

BRUNO... siamo così internazionali? Tutti capiscono inglese?

Comment

• Font Size
        Tradotto con il traduttore online così anche Briskola riesce a capire

MotoGP Le Mans: Fabio Quartararo: «Non sono il favorito del titolo, di gran lunga'

MotoGP
        Peter McLaren
        16 maggio 2022

Il leader del campionato mondiale MotoGP Fabio Quartararo invia un altro avvertimento alla Yamaha dopo una frustrante gara di casa a Le Mans.

I 68 anni di attesa della Francia per una vittoria in casa nella classe regina, conseguita l'ultima volta da Pierre Monneret a Reims 1954, continuarono nonostante il campione in carica e il leader del titolo del 2022 Quartararo fossero schierati sulla griglia di partenza di domenica come favoriti della pre-gara.

Anche se quarto in qualifica, Quartararo sembrava avere il miglior ritmo di gara nella gara dei 27 giri.

Nonostante non sia stato in grado di tentare un sorpasso su Francesco Bagnaia nella precedente gara di Jerez, a causa dell'aumento della pressione delle gomme anteriori ogni volta che si avvicinava troppo, Quartararo era fiducioso che il fronte non sarebbe stato così critico questa volta.

Questo si dimostrò essere il caso, ma la mancanza di prestazioni in linea retta della M1 significava che il risultato era lo stesso e le possibilità di vittoria di Quartararo erano , finito' quando è sceso all'ottavo posto al primo giro.

Quartararo: Non possiamo sorpassare

"Non mi sento affatto felice della mia gara. Ho avuto tre incidenti davanti a me, quindi la mia vera posizione non è quarta, è molto più indietro", ha detto Quartararo, che ha seguito l'Aprilia di Aleix Espargaro dal terzo giro fino alla bandiera a scacchi.

"E non per il nostro ritmo, perché se si controlla ogni pratica abbiamo avuto il miglior ritmo. Ma poi in una gara, non appena si è in una posizione che non si è in grado di sorpassare o di avere una pista pulita. È finito.

"E questo è il motivo per cui non ero nemmeno arrabbiato perché, sai, mi ci sono già abituato un po'.

"Ciò che è vero è che do sempre il 100%. Ho dato tutto oggi. In un attimo, ho perso il davanti e Aleix ha preso mezzo secondo di distacco, ma in cinque curve ero già di nuovo dietro di lui.

"Quindi in termini di velocità siamo stati super veloci, ma sappiamo che non è possibile sorpassare."

"In tutte le gare non siamo in grado di fare un sorpasso", ha continuato Quartararo. "Tutti i passaggi che faccio sono perché alcuni piloti hanno commesso errori. Tre crash

Comment

• Font Size
          Originally posted by mito22 View Post

BRUNO... siamo così internazionali? Tutti capiscono inglese?
          Non traduco, leggo.
          Per i non anglofoni c'è un caleidoscopio di opportunità per tradurre (anche per chi ti offre "likes " ad libitum - questo è latino, che faccio traduco? Inoltre allargo i vostri orizzonti - beyond "in primis" che non si può leggere.)
          Poi mi sono rotto i corpi cavernosi "in diebus illis" (cit. A. Manzoni) con un forumer che mi contestava - peraltro giustamente- un passaggio che avevo interpretato "à là roérsa ", alla rovescia , quindi, come paganini non ripeto.

Va da sé che il ragazzotto transalpino non ostenta sicumera ad canis mendulum, grande tempra.

Comment

• Font Size
            Il ragazzo sa che in Yamaha quest'anno la cucina propone questo piatto, buono ma non eccelso.
            Evidentemente per il 23 porteranno tanto, se ha rinnovato.

Comment

• Font Size
              Ho capito perchè la yamaha fa fatica a superare...
              Troppo gonfio l'anteriore e l'aerodinamica va a donnine

Comment

• Font Size
                Originally posted by luciocabrio View Post
                Ho capito perchè la yamaha fa fatica a superare...
                Troppo gonfio l'anteriore e l'aerodinamica va a donnine

Monster sempre grandi fighe

Comment

• Font Size
                  Originally posted by Pheel View Post
                  Monster sempre grandi fighe
                  Te gusta el Pheelo eh?

Comment

X
                  Working...
                  X